- Ayesha Tabassum An actor, director and theatre facilitator with Rafiki, Victor is bringing The Fabulous Adventures of Aditi and Friends to the city’s young audiences; a children’s play for the 8- 12 age group, based on a series of stories by Suniti Namjoshi. You have used puppets, song and dance to narrate the story. [...]
Nakul Bhalla, actor and director, has started a series of informal play readings at Jagriti. Last week we met to read The Shawl and radio play Prairie du Chien, both by David Mamet. Next Saturday at 4pm, we read Sexual Perversity in Chicago and The Duck Variations also by Mamet. Everyone is welcome–if you want to read, [...]
Here’s a peek at just some of the amazing workshop facilitators we have for our Kids’ Carnival 2013, from May 17 to June 2. Register now! Write to email@example.com. Photography: Roy Sinai is an artist and photographer who shoots portraits, weddings and architecture. He has exhibited his work in a solo show at the India [...]
Jagriti Education and Training (JET) announces the second Jagriti Theatre Basic Stage Lighting Course, a hands-on series that will teach you the basics of lighting design and execution, conducted by Gautam Raja.
A theatre workshop is an ideal event for a company like Floh, India’s “first and only national singles network”. Jagriti and Floh have worked together before, with us running an acting workshop for a group of Floh members followed by lunch at The Fat Chef. Now we’ve tied the knot… well, we’ve at least we’ve [...]
Many (dare I say most?) directors in Bangalore cut their teeth in proscenium theatres. And so, the first thing so many directors do when they walk into Jagriti is to push the action of their play right to the back of our thrust stage. When asked why, the answer is: “I need to make sure [...]
The Scottish play is infamous for the ill wind that surrounds its staging. People have fallen victim to the witches, almost as many as the victims of the eponymous Hero (if he can be called that). But Inherit the Wind (I can mention the title) seems similarly cursed [at least, for productions directed by the [...]
Last Sunday, April 14, Jagriti has its first Close Encounter. This bi-weekly series of Sunday talks started with Ryan Lobo, filmmaker, photographer and writer, speaking about ‘Going Beyond the Pretty Picture’. Ryan has filmed and photographed in some of the most dangerous places on earth: from elephant territory in Nagaland to poppy fields in [...]
Bhoomija talks to Ambi Subramaniam on the eve of his solo Carnatic violin concert at Jagriti. Name: Ambi Subramaniam Age: 22 Started to play violin at: 3 Guru: Dr. L Subramaniam First concert: Vocal at age 6, Violin at 7 (concert in Sri Lanka) How many concerts so far? Haven’t kept count. Several hundreds perhaps? [...]
Imagine your biology schoolteacher being jailed for teaching you about evolution! One of the most staged plays in the world, Inherit the Wind by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee is based on fact – the famous 1925 “Monkey Trials” of Tennessee. The play is a clever, suspenseful and moving recounting of the trial, ﬁlled [...]
Partner with Jagriti Theatre.
Subscribe to Jagriti Updates
Jagriti Updates, straight to your mail box !
JAGRITI AT WORK
- Theatre Sound and Lighting | The Invisible River January 25, 2013
- The Hindu | Staging his Life February 22, 2013
- Master Classes for Actors by Rogue Theater from Tucson, Arizona, USA November 2, 2011
- Theatre Sound and Lighting | One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest January 3, 2013
- The various faces of Akvarious February 7, 2013
- Bangalore Mirror | Chinwag with… Anish Victor May 18, 2013
- Play readings at Jagriti, Saturdays at 4pm May 15, 2013
- Jagriti Carnival: Not your regular neighbourhood summer workshops! May 10, 2013
- Basic Stage Lighting Course, June 2013–Apply Now! May 6, 2013
- The Hindu | A Feast for Kids May 6, 2013
- Gautam Raja: We have workshops for ages 8-11, 12-15 and 16-18. ...
- Prashant Pandey: What is the age limit?...
- Gautam Raja: Hari, the workshop is open to Floh members only. D...
- Sidman: We're thrilled to be partnering with Jagriti and ...
- Hari: Hi. Is this workshop open for all.? if so i would ...